When someone recommends you, you'll receive a message in your LinkedIn inbox and a notification on the Manage Recommendations page.
To accept the recommendation:
- Click the Inbox icon at the top of your homepage.
Click the subject line link of the message indicating that a connection has recommended you.
Note: If you've deleted the inbox item, you won't be able to display the recommendation.
- Click Accept Recommendation.
The recommendation will appear in the Recommendations box on your profile and an update will go out to your network.
- Click Request a Replacement if you'd like the sender to edit it before you show it on your profile.
- Click Archive if you want to ignore it.
- If you don't want any updates sent out when you give or receive recommendations, you can turn your activity broadcasts on or off from your Privacy & Settings page.
- Read how to hide or unhide recommendations on your profile.
Note: Clicking Reply on the notification will not cause the recommendation to display on your profile. Instead, it creates a message you can send to the person who recommended you. If someone sent a message or email recommending you instead of sending the recommendation through LinkedIn, you can reply to their email or message and encourage them to review our steps for sending recommendations.