You can import a list of your contacts from the "See who you already know on LinkedIn" page. This will run a one-time search of your address book for contacts you'd like to invite to connect on LinkedIn.
To import your address book:
- Click the Add Connections icon in the top right of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click the button for the email provider you use. If you don't see your provider, click the Any Email button.
- Enter your information.
- Click Continue.
A new window will appear where you can authorize LinkedIn to import your contacts. Please note that LinkedIn does not store or save your email password or any confidential information during this process. Learn more:
- Importing from a personal email account.
- Importing Outlook contacts.
- If your provider isn't listed, or you encounter an error, you can create and upload a CSV spreadsheet.
Important: We automatically select all contacts on the displayed list to be invited. If you don't want to send your invitations to everyone on the list, be sure to uncheck the Select All box and individually check the boxes next to contacts you want to invite.
Contacts uploaded in this process are for invitations and won't be available later in your Contacts view unless they connect with you or you use the Contacts sync feature. Learn more if you'd like to keep track of contacts within LinkedIn on an ongoing basis.