Open Profile allows other LinkedIn members to message you at no cost, without using an InMail.
To adjust your Open Profile settings:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage, and select Edit Profile.
- In the top section of your profile, click the Edit icon next to the word Premium.
- Check the box next to Turn on Open Profile.
- You must also have the Premium Profile option checked in order to use Open Profile.
- If you get an error message, see below on how to turn on Open Profile messages.
Once you've turned on Open Profile, you'll still need to make sure you can accept Open Profile messages. To do this:
- Move your cursor over your profile photo in the top right of your homepage and click Privacy & Settings.
- For verification purposes, you may be prompted to sign in again.
- Click the Communications tab in the lower left.
- Click "Select the types of messages you're willing to receive".
- Click the button next to "Introductions, InMail and Open Profile messages".
- Click Save Changes.