An introduction lets you contact members who are in your 2nd degree network or 3rd degree network. If a member is within your extended network, you can contact them through connections you have in common.
- Locate the member's profile.
- Click "Get introduced through a connection" on the right side of the profile.
- If only one person can make the introduction, the Request an Introduction page will appear.
- Move your cursor over the arrow next to the Send InMail button and click Get introduced.
- If more than one person can make the introduction, you may choose who you want to make the introduction.
- Enter a subject for your message.
- Write a message to the person who will introduce you and be clear about why you're asking for an introduction. This message may eventually be seen by the person you want to be introduced to.
- Click Send Request.