The People You May Know feature helps you find and invite people to join your LinkedIn network by clicking Connect under the member’s name. To find people you might want to invite, the feature suggests people based on:
- Commonalities between you and other members. For example, you may have common connections, similar profile information and experiences, work at the same company or in the same industry, or attended the same school.
Members you’ve imported from other address books in your Contacts list.
Note: This list is updated when you download contacts from other email address books using the Add Connections feature. We do not scan your emails or email account to suggest results.
The feature may not show on your home page if:
- You've invited all available suggested members.
- You've removed all available suggested members.
- There are no suggested members at this time.
- Your profile is missing key information like current or past companies, positions, schools or industries.
- You have numbers, symbols, or special characters in your name fields.
If you remove several hundred suggestions within a day or two by clicking the X next to their name, some closed results may re-appear the same day you dismiss them.
Note: You may see several names with email addresses above the People You May Know list. These are contacts you previously uploaded to LinkedIn who have not yet joined. You can click Add to Network to invite them one at a time. However, these invitations cannot be personalized.