You can click People You May Know on the right side of your homepage to find and invite people to join your LinkedIn network. From the feature you can click the connect icon under a member’s name to send an invitation to connect. The feature suggests people based on:
- Commonalities between you and other members. For example, you may have common connections, similar profile information and experiences, work at the same company or in the same industry, or attended the same school.
- People's names you’ve imported from other address books in your Contacts list.
Note: This list is updated when you download contacts from other email address books using the Add Connections feature. We don’t scan the content of your messages to suggest results.
At the top of the People You May Know page, you could see pending invitations. Move your cursor over the pending invitation to see two options:
- Accept - Click the Accept icon to add the person as one of your 1st-degree connections.
- Ignore – Click the Ignore icon to move the invitation to your Archive folder without accepting it. The other person won’t be notified that you’ve ignored their invitation, so they may try to connect with you again.
The feature may not show on your homepage if:
- You have no pending invitations.
- You've invited all available suggested members.
- You've removed all available suggested members.
- There are no suggested members at this time.
- Your profile is missing key information like current or past companies, positions, schools, or industries.
- You have numbers, symbols, or special characters in your name fields.
If you remove several hundred suggestions within a few days by clicking the X that appears in the top right corner of a suggestion when you move your cursor over it, some closed results may re-appear the same day you dismiss them.
Note: You may see several names with email addresses in People You May Know. These are contacts you previously uploaded to LinkedIn who have not yet joined. You can click the add to network icon to invite them one at a time. However, these invitations can't be personalized.