The text under your name on your profile is called your professional headline. Your headline is usually created when you add a new and current position to your profile. You can update your headline by editing your profile.
To change your professional headline:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Click the headline below your name at the top of the profile.
- Type your changes into the text box.
- Click Save.
- If your professional headline and current position are the same, your current position won't be displayed in the top section of your profile.
- Editing the headline doesn't change what's listed in the Current, Previous and Education lines in the top section of your profile. To change those lines, you must edit the information in the associated sections further down on your profile.