You must first create a Company Update on your Company Page. Once your Company Update is posted, you can create an ad account to promote it.
Note: There are two types of ad accounts: individual and business. We recommend you create a business account in order to sponsor Company Updates.
Once you’ve created your business account:
- Move your cursor over Business Services in the upper right of your LinkedIn homepage and select Advertise
- Select Get started or Manage on the following page to sign in to the Campaign Manager.
- You may be prompted to sign back into your account.
- If you have multiple ad accounts, move your cursor over your name in the upper right and select the correct account.
- Click Create new campaign in the top right.
- Click Sponsor an update.
- Enter the name of your campaign, select the campaign language, and choose the Company Page containing the update you’d like to sponsor.
- Select an update to promote. You'll also see a preview of how it will appear on different devices.
- Click Next.
- Select your target audience and click Next.
- Select how you want to pay (CPC or CPM) and set your bid. Note: The minimum bid for each campaign varies depending on the selected target audience.
- Set your budget. The daily budget is the maximum amount you wish to spend on any single day. The total budget is the maximum amount you wish to spend over the lifetime of your campaign. You can select daily, total, or both.
- Select how long you want the campaign to run, and click Save Changes.
- Enter your billing information.
Note: The Company Name in the dropdown may vary if you have multiple ad accounts. If you don’t see the Company Name you expect in this dropdown, you may be viewing one of your other ad accounts (see Step 2), or you may need to create a new Business Account that’s associated with the Company Page you wish to sponsor updates for.
Note: You can sponsor an update with an individual account using the steps above, but you won’t be able to transfer the account to others in the company or allow others to manage your ad inventory. Also, please note that you must have the company listed as a current employer on your profile before sponsoring an update from an individual ad account. Learn more about making sure you're associated with the right company.