You can import and invite contacts from your personal email address book to connect on LinkedIn from the Add Connections page.
Important: By default, all contacts in the imported list are selected so you can send an invitation asking them to join your network. To only invite those you want in your network:
- Move your cursor over Connections at the top of your homepage and select Add Connections.
- Click a source you want to import contacts from (for example, Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.).
- Type your email address for the source you selected and click Continue.
- Scroll down to see the full list of imported contacts and uncheck any boxes next to people you do not wish to invite.
- Click the Skip this step link if you don’t want to invite anyone OR click Add Connections to send invitations.
- We don't store your email password or any confidential information during this process.
- We import address book information from Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, and Hotmail using an interface they've provided. For other web email providers, we use TrueSwitch, a secure address book import technology developed by Esaya. Your information is only used to provide the components of the TrueSwitch services that you request and will be automatically deleted shortly thereafter.