We're aware of an issue where some people who use Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 can't sign in because the CAPTCHA security image doesn't show up. People who have this problem see a message on the Security Verification page that says, "Type the characters shown in the image above", but there's no image there. If they click Continue, a security warning message asks, "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?"
We're sorry for any inconvenience these sign-in issues may be causing. Please know that we're working on a solution, and you don't need to contact us to report the issue.
As a temporary work-around, try using a different browser like Firefox or Safari. Or, you can adjust your Internet Explorer 8 settings.
- From the Internet Explorer menu, click Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.
- Under the Miscellaneous section, scroll down to the Display mixed content subsection.
- Select Enable and click OK.
- From https://www.linkedin.com, click Sign in.
See the attached document below for screenshots of the pages that repeat in a loop and instructions for changing Internet Explorer 8 settings.