To block a member from viewing your profile:
- Go to the profile of the person you'd like to block.
- Note: After you block someone, you will disappear from the Who's Viewed Your Profile section of the person you blocked.
- Move your cursor over the down arrow next to the button in the top section of the member's profile and select Block or report from the list.
- Check the box next to Block.
- Click Continue.
- On the next screen, click Agree to confirm your action.
Once you've blocked a member, they'll appear on your blocked list. The blocked member won't receive any notification of this action. You can block up to 50 members on LinkedIn. Learn more about what blocking does and doesn't do.
To unblock a member:
- Move your cursor over your profile photo in the top right of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Click Manage who you're blocking who you're blocking at the bottom of the Profile tab under Privacy Controls.
- From your blocked list, find the person's name and click Unblock.
- You can't block a member again within 48 hours of unblocking them.
- Unblocking a member doesn't restore a connection if you were previously connected. If you'd like this person to join your network again, you'll have to send them a new invitation to connect.
- Blocking a member will permanently remove their endorsements and recommendations from your profile. If you'd like their endorsement or recommendation again, you'd need to unblock the member, send a new invitation to connect, and request a new endorsement or recommendation. Member blocking is currently only available from a desktop computer.