You can go to a 1st-degree connection's profile to remove your connection with them:
- Go to the connection's profile.
- Move your cursor over the Arrow icon next to one of the buttons in the top section of the profile. The button name may vary.
- Select Remove connection.
- Read the list of effects that will happen due to removing the connection and click Remove.
You can remove several connections at once on the Contacts page:
- Move your cursor over Connections at the top of your homepage and select Keep in Touch.
- Click Filter by and select Connections Only.
- Check the box next to the connections you'd like to remove.
- Click More above the first connection and select Remove from Contacts.
- Read the list of effects of removing the connections and click Remove.
You can also remove individual connections from the Contacts page by clicking More under their name and selecting Remove Connection. Connections you remove will no longer be a 1st-degree connection and will no longer appear in your Contacts section.
- When you remove a connection, they won't be notified.
- After removing a connection, any recommendations or endorsements between you and that person will be withdrawn. They will not be added back if the connection is re-established.
- Only the member who breaks the connection can reinitiate that connection.