Closing your account means shutting off your profile and removing access to all your LinkedIn information from our site. If you have a Premium account, you can cancel the Premium access, but still keep your free Basic account to retain your profile, connections, and other information.
Before you close your only LinkedIn account, please note:
- You will not have access to your connections or any information you've added to your account.
- Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
- Removing your public profile from search engines like Yahoo! and Google may take additional time, and that process is up to them.
You can close your only LinkedIn account on the Privacy & Settings page:
- Move your cursor over your photo in the upper right of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your account again to get to your settings.
- Click the Account side tab next to the shield icon near the bottom left of the page.
- Under the Helpful Links section, select Close your account.
If you've created more than one account, learn how to delete or merge a duplicate account.
Do you want to keep your account but receive less email?
- You can set the frequency of email communications from the Communications section of the Privacy & Settings page to reduce email notifications, group digest emails, and LinkedIn announcements.