You can ask your connections to recommend your work through a link on your Privacy and Settings page.
- Move your cursor over your photo in the top right of your homepage and select Privacy & Settings.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Click the Manage your recommendations link under Helpful Links in the middle of the page.
- Click the Ask for recommendations tab at the top of the page.
- Select a position from the "What do you want to be recommended for?" dropdown list.
- If a position or school isn't listed, you can click job or school to add it to your profile and the dropdown list.
- In the "Who do you want to ask?" section, enter names of connections into the text field or click the address book icon to search for connections.
- In your address book's Choose Connections view, check the boxes next to the names you want to add and then click Finished.
- When you request a recommendation from multiple people in one message, each recipient will receive a separate message.
- Enter your request in the Create your message section. You can use the message provided or customize it.
- Click Send.
Note: There's no limit to the total number of recommendations you can request or receive. However, you can't withdraw a request for a recommendation once you've sent it.