You can ask your connections to recommend your work from the Ask for Recommendations tab.
- Click Profile at the top of your homepage.
- Click Edit or Edit Profile in the top section of your profile.
- Scroll down to the Recommendations box and click the pencil icon on the right.
- Click the Manage visibility link under Your Recommendations on the right side of the page.
- Click Ask for Recommendations at the top of the page.
- Select a position from the "What do you want to be recommended for?" dropdown list.
- If a position or school isn't listed, you can click the job or school to add it to your profile and the dropdown list.
- Select connections in the "Who do you want to ask?" section, either by entering names of connections into the text field or clicking the address book icon to search for connections.
- In your address book's Choose Connections section, check the boxes next to the names you want to add and then click Finished.
- When you request a recommendation from multiple people in one message, each recipient will receive a separate message.
- Enter your request in the Create your message section by using the message provided or personalizing your note.
- Click Send.
Note: You can't withdraw a request for a recommendation once you've sent it, nor can you request another recommendation from the same person if you already have one pending their response.