You can make a recommendation for a colleague, service provider, business partner, or student from their profile:
- Go to the profile of the 1st degree connection you’d like to recommend.
- Move your cursor over the Arrow icon next to one of the buttons in the top section of the profile. Button name may vary.
- Click the button next to Colleague, Service Provider, Business Partner, or Student and click Go.
- Complete the recommendation form.
- Click Send.
When someone sends you a recommendation request:
- Open the message and click Write Recommendation.
- Complete the form and click Send.
After another member recommends you:
- You can return the favor and recommend them after you accept the recommendation they created for you.
More information about recommendations:
- If you recommend someone who's not a LinkedIn member, the person will be invited to connect with you and create a profile on LinkedIn. The recommendation will then appear on their profile.
- You can edit or withdraw recommendations you've sent at any time.
- Recommendations you've written can be seen in the Recommendations box on the person's profile.
- The recipient can choose to hide a recommendation so it won't show on their profile.