When someone recommends you, you'll be sent an email to the email address associated with your LinkedIn account. You'll also receive a notification on the Manage Recommendations page.
To accept the recommendation from your email:
- Log in to the email account you have associated with LinkedIn.
- Locate the recommendation email and open it. The message will be titled [Your name], I've recommended you.
- Click Add to Profile.
Note: You can also select Ask for changes if you want the sender to make any changes before adding it to your profile.
To accept the recommendation from the Manage Recommendations page:
- Go to your profile.
- Scroll to the Recommendations section toward the bottom of the page and click the Manage link.
- In the Pending Recommendation section, move your cursor over the recommendation and click Add to Profile.
- Select Ask for Changes if you want the sender to make any changes before adding it to your profile.
The recommendation will appear in the Recommendations section of your profile and an update will go out to your network.
If you hide your recommendations, you can then access them from the Manage Recommendations page:
- Move your cursor to your profile picture in the top right.
- Click Privacy & Settings.
- Under the Profile section on the left, click Manage your recommendations.