You can ask someone to join your professional network by sending them an invitation to connect. If they accept your invitation, they'll become a 1st-degree connection. We recommend only inviting people you know and trust because 1st-degree connections are given access to the primary email address on your account.
You can invite people to connect from:
- A member's profile - Click the Connect button on their profile page.
- Search results - Click Connect to the right of the person's information.
- The Add Connections page - Search your email address book to find contacts or invite them using their email address.
- The People You May Know page - Click the Connect button under the person's name.
Learn more if you'd like to personalize your invitation.
- You can't paste links or add attachments to invitations.
- As your account matures, you could be required to enter an email address every time you send an invitation.