When you add an application, you're allowing the application developer to access profile information about you and your connections to make the experience more personalized and social. This and any other information you voluntarily provide to the application may be displayed in the app, depending on its functionality.
- Other members won't be able to see any of your profile information that isn't already available when browsing around the website.
- With your consent, applications may also take actions on your behalf such as sharing content, sending invitations, and sending messages.
- Your Profile Overview - Name, photo, headline, current positions.
- Your Full Profile - Overview above plus experience, education, skills and recommendations.
- Your Email Address - Primary email address you use for your account.
- Your Connections - Your 1st and 2nd degree connections.
- Your Contact Info - Address, phone number, and bound accounts.
- Network Updates - Retrieves and posts updates as you.
- Group Discussions - Retrieves and posts group discussions as you.
- Invitations and Messages - Sends messages and invitations to connect as you.
Some application developers may request permissions to access the following, in order for their applications to function:
Please contact us if you believe your information is being misused by an application.