We strongly recommend that you only accept invitations to connect from people you know. You can select who can send you invitations from the Communications section on your Privacy & Settings page.
Your options for responding to an invitation are:
- Accept - Clicking this button will add the person as one of your 1st-degree connections. If you don't see this option, you may already be connected.
- Reply (don't accept yet) - From your inbox, click the dropdown on the right side of the Accept button to see this option and reply without accepting the invitation. On the People You May Know page, move your cursor over the message icon (looks like an quotation sign) on the pending invitation, then hit the arrow to reply.
- Ignore - Clicking this button will move the invitation to your Archive folder without accepting it. The other person won't be notified that you've ignored their invitation, so they may try to connect with you again.
- Report as Spam - This option appears after you click Ignore. Clicking this button will report the member's invitation as spam.
- I Don't Know [Name] - This option appears after you click Ignore. If you click this link, it will prevent that member from sending you any more invitations. It also gives us feedback on whether we may need to restrict the sender's account.
Important: We recently improved the messaging experience to make it easier for you to have professional conversations on LinkedIn. Please note that the new experience will be gradually rolled out to all members, and we are not granting early access requests.