You can translate your primary profile into other languages from the View Profile page. This allows members who use or search LinkedIn in a different language to see your profile in the language most relevant to them.
You can create as many secondary language profiles as there are languages available.
To create your profile in another language:
- Click Profile at the top of your homepage.
- Click the down arrow next to the Edit Profile button and select "Create profile in another language".
- Choose a language from the dropdown list and update your first name and last name if they're different in the new profile's language.
- Translate your existing Professional Headline.
- Translations are not done for you. You'll need to translate your personal content on your own.
- Click Create Profile to go to the Edit Profile page of your new language profile.
- Click any Edit icon and translate the open fields.
- Click Save and continue editing other sections.
To delete a secondary language profile:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Select the language from the Profile dropdown list in the upper right.
- Click the Delete this profile link. (If this link doesn't appear, the profile you are viewing is your primary profile. See the note below.)
- Click Delete.
Note: There is no option to change the language of your primary profile unless you close your account and then reregister on LinkedIn in your preferred language to create a new account and profile. We don't recommend this option, because you'll lose all of the connections and recommendations associated with your closed account.