In many cases, you can cancel an invitation to connect if the recipient has not yet taken any action on the request:
- Hover your cursor over the Add Connections icon at the top right of your homepage.
- Click See all under Invitations in the top right of the drop down menu.
- To view your Sent Invitations, click on the People icon in the upper right and select Sent invitations. Only Sent Invitations that are still waiting for a response will be displayed.
- Click on the circle to the left of the thumbnail photo for the invitations(s) you want to cancel.
- Click Cancel requests on the upper right of the page.
Note: Canceling invitations doesn't return them to your balance of available invitations.
Keep in mind that if the recipient has already accepted your invitation to connect, you still have the option to remove the connection.
Learn more about managing Sent, Pending, and Blocked invitations.
Important: We recently improved the messaging experience to make it easier for you to have professional conversations on LinkedIn. Please note that the new experience will be gradually rolled out to all members, and we are not granting early access requests.
If you have the old Inbox experience, you can still cancel an invitation to connect:
- Click the Inbox icon in the top right of your homepage.
- Click Sent on the left.
- Find an invitation without "Accepted" next to the name.
- Click the subject line of the invitation.
- Click Withdraw.