Below are some things we recommend to protect your password security and privacy.
- Change your password every few months.
- Don't use the same password on all the sites you visit.
- Don't use a word from the dictionary.
- Select strong passwords, with 10 or more characters, that can't easily be guessed.
- Think of a meaningful phrase, song or quote and turn it into a complex password using the first letter of each word.
- Randomly add capital letters, punctuation or symbols.
- Substitute numbers for letters that look similar (for example, substitute "0" for "o" or "3" for "E").
- Never give your password to others or write it down.