If you're embarking on a job search, consider these tips:
- Just because you use LinkedIn doesn't mean you're looking for a job. Many people use LinkedIn to keep in contact with others and to help them succeed in their current position.
- No updates are sent out when you apply for a job on LinkedIn or through the Job Search mobile app.
- Updates you post may be seen by your network or others viewing your profile.
You may also want to review your current Privacy & Settings:
- Turn on/off your activity broadcasts - Learn more about what activities are shown to others
- Select who can see your activity feed
- Select who can see your connections
- Manage your recommendations
- Select the types of messages you're willing to receive
If you're participating in groups for job seekers on LinkedIn, you can choose to not show the group logo on your profile or prevent updates from being sent when you join a group.
Note: If you do want your network to know you're looking for a job, share an update from your homepage.
Learn more about the privacy features of the LinkedIn Job Search app for iPhone.