We want to make sure that only you access your account, so we may sometimes use security prompts when you attempt to sign in. Some reasons security prompts may appear are if you sign into your account from an unfamiliar location or device, or if we detect suspicious web activity. Here are a couple of security prompts you might see:
On the sign in page, you may be prompted to check your email account for a LinkedIn message to verify your sign in attempt.
- Click Check your email now in the box that appears.
- Go to any email address registered to your LinkedIn account.
- Find the LinkedIn message titled Verify your recent sign-in attempt.
- Find the verification code within the message.
- Type in the code on the sign in page and click Submit.
Note: If you don't get our message, check another email account or make sure you can receive messages sent by LinkedIn. If you have any concerns about the legitimacy of an email from LinkedIn, read more about possible fraudulent emails.
- On the sign in page, you may be asked to type the characters shown in an image on the screen. CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) is a commonly used security method that helps to distinguish human attempts to access the site from automatic, computer-generated attempts typically used by spammers.
- Read more if the CAPTCHA security image is not visible.
- If you have difficulty distinguishing a CAPTCHA image, click Try a different image. Audio CAPTCHA is also available by clicking the audio icon on the Security Verification page.
To reduce the number of times you see a security challenge:
- Enable cookies on your browser. Your browser's help section can provide instructions on how to do this.
- Try not to sign out each time you use LinkedIn during the day. We'll remember your most recent sign in for a period of time so you can access your account without seeing the prompts. We do recommend that you sign out at the end of each day.
Read more if you're no longer able to access your primary email account.