You can control who can see your profile photo. Posting a profile photo is optional, but it helps your connections recognize you. In fact, members with profile photos receive 14x more profile views than those without.
To change the visibility of your profile photo on desktop:
- Move your cursor over your profile photo at the top of your homepage.
- Click Privacy & Settings in the dropdown menu.
- Click Change you profile photo & visibility in the Profile tab.
- Click the Padlock icon below your profile picture in the Edit Photo window.
- You can set your photo to be visible to:
- My Connections
- My Network
- Everyone (default setting)
Note: You currently cannot edit the visibility of your profile photo on your mobile device.