- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Scroll to the Education section of your profile.
- Click into the section you'd like to edit.
- To add a new school, move your cursor over the Education section and select + Add education.
- Type the name of your school, then select the school name from the list that appears.
- To be included in the alumni data or add recommendations on your school's University Page, a school must be selected from the dropdown list.
Note: The Education section won't appear if you don't have any schools listed on your profile. To add an Education section:
- Under your profile summary at the top, click the Education section. You may need to click View More to find this section.
- Type in your education information.
- Click Save.
Many universities and degree providers allow graduates to automatically add education to their profiles with a Add To Profile button. You may see Add To Profile buttons in emails from these partners, on their websites, or in their social media.
To automatically add education:
- Click the link in the email or on the website or social media to start the process.
- You may be prompted to sign in to LinkedIn.
Your education will then appear under the Education section of your profile. If you have any questions about the education email, including its content, please reach out to the organization.
Note: If you're a degree provider and want to be part of the Add to Profile program, please visit this site for more info on how to participate.
Learn how to change the order of education entries on your profile.