- Move your cursor over Connections at the top of your homepage and select Add Connections.
- Click the button for the email provider you use. If you don't see your provider, click Any Email.
- Enter your information if it's not pre-populated.
- Click Continue.
- Contacts who are already on LinkedIn will be shown. Click Add Connections to send invitations or click Skip this step if you don't want to invite anyone OR click Add Connections to send invitations.
- Contacts who are not yet on LinkedIn will be displayed next. Click Add to Network to invite them to join or click Skip this step if you don't want to invite anyone.
- We automatically select all contacts on the displayed list to be invited. If you don't want to send invitations to everyone on the list, be sure to uncheck the Select All box and individually check the boxes next to contacts you want to invite.
- If your email provider supports OAuth (an authentication technology that allows sites like LinkedIn to access certain information from sources such as your email without knowing your email password) a new window will appear where you can authorize LinkedIn to import your contacts. You can revoke this permission anytime through your email provider's settings. For example, if you've authorized LinkedIn access to your Gmail contacts, you can revoke it by visiting the Account Permissions tab of your Google Account.
- If your email provider doesn't support OAuth, you'll need to enter your email password before clicking Continue. LinkedIn will use your password only for a moment to authenticate your account. We don't store or save your email password or any confidential information during this process.
We save the contact data returned by your email provider. This could include names, birthdays, gender, locations, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, websites, and notes.
Note: If you've previously imported your address book on desktop or from your mobile device, you'll see results from past imports.
Click the attachment below for a list of Supported Web Email Providers. If you encounter an error or your provider isn't listed, you can create and upload a CSV spreadsheet.