You can share thoughts, articles or other content-rich websites from your homepage and several other places. This is sometimes known as sharing an update. You can use the share box to share a wide variety of information:
The share box is near your photo at the top of the homepage.
- Click inside the text box and type in your remark.
- Text is limited to 600 characters maximum.
Please note: If you have publishing capabilities, there are no limits on word count.
- To attach a link, type in the URL. Allow a few seconds for a summary to display.
- To attach a file, click the
paper clip icon on the top right. You can attach files such as PDFs, Word documents, and JPEG images.
- The size limit for an upload is 100 MB.
- Uploaded images cannot be resized.
- Your update can include either a file with text, or a link. You cannot share both a file and a link in the same update.
- Select an option under Share with:
- Select Everyone to show the update to everyone on LinkedIn including your extended network.
- Select Connections to show the update to only your 1st degree connections.
Select Everyone + Twitter to have your update visible on both your LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
Select Public + Sina Weibo or Public + Tencent Weibo to have your update visible on both LinkedIn and your Sina Weibo or Tencent Weibo accounts.
Note: Only the first 140 characters will be visible on Sina Weibo or Tencent Weibo. Learn more about Sina Weibo or Tencent Weibo on LinkedIn. You can manage your Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo settings from the Profile section of your Privacy & Settings page.
- Click Share.
Note: An update will be broadcast to the LinkedIn feed on your homepage. You can select who can see your activity.
- Learn how to start a discussion in your group.
- Click the LinkedIn icon and complete the share box options.
- Click Share.
- Click the Share link on the article page.
- Complete the share box options.
- Click Share.
- LinkedIn Sharing Bookmarklet works for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari browser.
- Click the Share link underneath the update.
- When you reshare an update with an image or link, the original text will not be included. Instead, you'll be prompted to add your own description or comments, which will appear above the image or link details.
- Click the Like link underneath the update or comment.
- An update is sent out when you like or comment on content and activity on LinkedIn, such as another member’s post or a group discussion. This will appear in the LinkedIn feed on your homepage and on your Recent Activity page.
- This shared update will include the original content or activity, as well as all associated Likes and Comments.
- Issues sharing certain links in the share box.
- Deleting an update you recently shared from your homepage.
Please note: Your LinkedIn membership and use of LinkedIn services like this one are subject to the LinkedIn User Agreement, which states that members are expected to refrain from dishonest or unprofessional behavior including posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to LinkedIn. Please view our User Agreement for full details.