You can share thoughts, articles or other content-rich websites from your homepage and several other places. This is sometimes known as sharing an update. You can use the share box to share a wide variety of information:
You can choose from different share options at the top of the homepage.
Share an update
- Toward the top of your homepage, click Share an update.
- Type your update in the text box.
- Text is limited to 600 characters maximum.
- Note: If you have publishing capabilities, there are no limits on word count and you can click Publish a post to begin writing your long-form post.
- You can attach files such as PDFs, Word documents, and JPEG images.
- To attach a link, type in the URL. Allow a few seconds for a summary to display.
- Your update can include either a file with text, or a link. You can’t share both a file and a link in the same update.
Share a photo
- Toward the top of your homepage, click Upload a photo.
- Choose which file you’d like to upload.
- After uploading your file, add a caption in the text box.
- The size limit for an upload is 100 MB.
- Uploaded images can’t be resized.
For any of these sharing actions, you can select an option under Share with:
- Select Everyone to show the update to everyone on LinkedIn including your extended network.
- Select Connections to show the update to only your 1st-degree connections.
- Select Everyone + Twitter to have your update visible on both your LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
Once you click Share, an update will be broadcast to the LinkedIn feed on your homepage. You can select who can see your activity.