We're always looking for new ways for members to contribute professional insights on LinkedIn. We're expanding LinkedIn's publishing platform by allowing members, in addition to Influencers, to publish long-form posts about their expertise and interests. While publishing a long-form post on LinkedIn doesn't mean you're a LinkedIn Influencer, publishing allows you to further establish your professional identity by expressing your opinions and sharing your experiences.
When you publish a long-form post on LinkedIn:
- Your original content becomes part of your professional profile. It is displayed on the Posts section of your LinkedIn profile.
- It's shared with your connections and followers.
- Members not in your network can now follow you from your long-form post to receive updates when you publish next.
- Your long-form post is searchable both on and off of LinkedIn.
- Long-form publishing is not available in all geographic locations at this time. You’ll see a Publish a post button on your homepage when you have access to publish on LinkedIn.
- At this time, companies can't publish long-form posts using their organization's name or publish from their Company Page. However, members can use the publishing platform to communicate their organization's story. Our LinkedIn Corporate Publishing Playbook provides more information, including case studies.
- Access to publishing is not determined or affected by your LinkedIn account type - both free accounts and premium accounts have publishing access.