Relevant and high-quality long-form posts will be naturally distributed through member engagement such as views, likes, comments, and shares. Depending on the community's engagement, some long-form posts may have better metrics and wider distribution than others.
Our goal is to match the right content with the right professional. This ensures that every member sees customized professional news and insights that inform and inspire them. Learn more about distribution of posts below, or read our overview of the LinkedIn Publishing Platform.
- They appear in the Posts section on your profile, just beneath the top section that contains your photo and headline.
- They're shared with a subset of your connections and followers.
- This is determined by connection strength, your connection's notification settings, and notification state (i.e. number of unread notifications). Connection strength is determined by a number of factors. For example, a connection at your current company may be considered a stronger connection than a high school friend. Members who aren't in your network can follow you from your long-form posts when you begin to publish.
- Engagement in the form of likes, comments, and shares will distribute your content beyond your immediate network.
- Your long-form posts are searchable both on and off LinkedIn. Note: Long-form posts are public and can be seen by anyone, even those without LinkedIn accounts.
- High-quality long-form posts, determined by our algorithm and other variables, may be distributed beyond your connections and followers, through channels such as LinkedIn Pulse and Pulse emails. However, we can't guarantee that this will occur.
- LinkedIn may also distribute your long-form posts as part of aggregated LinkedIn content beyond LinkedIn (for example, on trusted partner sites).
- Write long-form posts that resonate with your connections, followers, and target audience.
- Long-form posts that are overly promotional won't experience broader distribution by the community.
- Follow channels and write content that's relevant to a channel of your expertise, such as healthcare, green business, or law.
- Note: Channels may not be available in your language.
- You can share your long-form post:
- Across other social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and more. You can do so by clicking the share buttons on the top and bottom of the post.
- Via email - copy and paste your long-form post's URL into your email message.
Through relevant LinkedIn Groups.
Note: Please limit sharing to 1 or 2 groups to prevent your post from being perceived as spam.