You can remove a connection from both the desktop and the LinkedIn mobile app.
- Go to the connection's profile.
- Move your cursor over the Down arrow in the top section of the profile.
- Select Remove connection.
- Review the list of effects of removing the connection and click Remove.
Note: If you don't see Remove connection in the drop-down list, you may need to refresh your connections. To do this, go to your Connections page, click the Settings icon on the right, then click the Refresh link next to LinkedIn.
- Move your cursor over Connections at the top of your homepage and select Keep in Touch.
- Click Filter by and select Connections Only.
- Check the box next to the connections you'd like to remove.
- Click More above the first connection and select Remove from Contacts.
- Review the list of effects of removing the connections and click Remove.
You can also remove individual connections from the Contacts page by clicking More under their name and selecting Remove Connection. Connections you remove will no longer be a 1st-degree connection and will no longer appear in your Contacts section.
To remove a connection from the LinkedIn app for iOS, Android, or from your mobile browser:
- Go to the profile of the member you wish to remove as a connection in the app or on the mobile website.
- Tap the Menu icon in the top right.
- Tap Remove connection.
- When you remove a connection, they won't be notified.
- After removing a connection, any recommendations or endorsements between you and that person will be withdrawn. They will not be restored if the connection is re-established.
- Only the member who breaks the connection can reinitiate that connection.
Learn more about removing contacts that you're not connected to on LinkedIn.