Fraudsters may use a practice called phishing to obtain sensitive data like usernames, passwords, and credit card information. They impersonate legitimate companies or people, sending emails and links that direct people to false websites.
- Please use caution when clicking or opening emails, seemingly from sites you trust.
- Fraudsters try to mimic legitimate emails, but they often make mistakes like typos or include information that's not relevant to you. Be suspicious of emails that include names you don't recognize.
- Keep in mind that a site like LinkedIn would never ask you to open an email attachment or install a software update.
- If you get an email that seems suspicious or is from a person or company you don't know, we advise you not to open any attachments or click any links.
- Before clicking on a link in an email, move your cursor over the link to verify that they direct to the appropriate site.
- When in doubt, open a new browser window and go directly to Linkedin.com to check your inbox and verify the connection request or message.
Here are some tips to use if you believe your personal information has been compromised:
- If you've clicked a bad link or attachment in a phishing email - Scan your computer using a current version of antivirus software. LinkedIn offers free 90 day trials using an antivirus service of your choice. Learn more.
- If your financial information was compromised - Contact your financial institution and place fraud alerts on your credit reports. Also, keep a close eye on your account activities to spot any unauthorized charges.
- If you've been a victim of a scam - Report it to local law enforcement.
Note: If you've recently requested a password reset or you were prompted by security verification message to check your email when signing in, you should see a message directly related to your request within a few minutes. Learn more if you're not receiving emails from us.
To protect your information, we adhere to the following principles:
- We never rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We never share your contact information with another user without your consent.
- Any personally identifiable information that you provide will be secured with all industry standard protocols and technology.