Updates will immediately be visible on your Recent Activity page and broadcast to your network when you make changes to your profile. Learn how to view your Recent Activity page.
- Note: Your Recent Activity page is not the same as your homepage. You must go to your Recent Activity page after making any change to confirm that they were broadcast.
- While the majority of your updates appear on your Recent Activity page for 14 days, this duration varies depending on the type of activity. Learn more about how long updates show in your recent activity.
You can also adjust the activity broadcast setting while editing your profile:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Toggle the button in the Notify Your Network? box on the right to either Yes or No.
Some of the changes that trigger updates are:
- Adding a new current job position (this will generate a "say congrats" update to your network
- Adding a new link to a website
- Recommending someone
- Following a company
- Adding a connection - we'll send an update if you've chosen "Your connections" when you control who can see your connections.
- Adding additional skills to your profile.
- Sharing content with your network.
- Editing the title of your current position (this will generate an update stating that "You've updated your experience section)
- Current work experience anniversaries
While you can limit most of your updates, the following will be posted regardless of your activity settings:
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members. Note: You can turn the notification off when you make a new connection by hiding your connection list.
- Group activity - You now have the option to turn this off within your Group settings, if you don't, an activity will post. Learn more about preventing updates when you join a group
- Sharing content
- Following a University Page
- Upgrading to a Premium account (doesn’t apply to Job Seeker account)
- Following an Influencer, Channel, or Publisher
- When you “Like” shared content