When you take certain actions or make certain profile updates on LinkedIn, these updates will immediately be visible on your Recent Activity page.
- Your Recent Activity page is not the same as your homepage. You must go to your Recent Activity page after making any change to confirm that they were broadcast.
- While the majority of your updates appear on your Recent Activity page for 14 days, this duration varies depending on the type of activity. Learn more about how long updates show in your recent activity.
To adjust the activity broadcast setting while editing your profile on desktop:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Toggle the button in the Notify Your Network? box on the right to either Yes or No.
- You may have to scroll down to see this toggle. It's displayed below some Who's Viewed Your Profile stats.
To adjust the activity broadcast setting from the LinkedIn app for iOS or Android, or from your mobile browser:
- Tap the Me icon in the navigation bar of the app or the mobile website.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the Privacy tab.
- Tap Sharing profile edits.
- Toggle the setting to Yes or No.
- Adding a new current job position. This will generate a "Say congrats" update to your network.
- Adding a new link to a website
- Recommending someone
- Following a company
- Adding a connection - we'll send an update if you've chosen Your connections when you control who can see your connections.
- Adding additional skills to your profile
- Sharing content with your network
- Editing the title of your current position. This will generate an update stating that you've updated your experience section.
- Current work experience anniversaries
- Group activity - learn more about preventing updates when you join a group.
- Changing your profile photo
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
Note: You can turn the notification off when you make a new connection by hiding your connection list.
While you can limit most of your updates, the following will be posted regardless of your activity settings: