You can customize your public profile URL when you edit your public profile. Custom public profile URLs are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- You'll see a URL link under your profile photo like www.linkedin.com/in/yourname. Move your cursor over the link and click the Settings icon next to it.
- Note: "Update your public profile settings" will show up if you don’t have a public profile. Learn how to enable your public profile.
- Your custom URL can have 5-30 letters or numbers. Don't use spaces, symbols, or special characters.
- We recommend using a variation of your name and/or your professional brand since you’ll share this URL with people so they can find your LinkedIn profile. Some job applications may also ask you for your LinkedIn profile URL.
- The customizable part of the URL is case insensitive. This means using JohnSmith, johnsmith or johnSmith will all point to the same profile.
- If the URL you want isn't available, please select a different one. We can't make custom URLs available to members upon request.
- You can change your URL up to 5 times within 180 days. Once you have changed your URL for the 5th time, you won’t be able to change it for another 180 days. Changing your URL several times may make it hard for people to find you.
- If a member uses a URL and then changes it, that URL will be unavailable for use by other members for 180 days.
- If you navigate to a previously claimed URL, you may see a page that reads Profile Not Found.