You can customize your public profile URL when you edit your public profile. Custom public profile URLs are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Click the URL link under your profile photo. It will be an address like www.linkedin.com/in/yourname
- Under the Your public profile URL section on the right, click the Edit icon next to your URL.
- Type the last part of your new custom URL in the text box.
- Click Save.
- Your custom URL can have 5-30 letters or numbers. Don’t use spaces, symbols, or special characters.
- If the URL you want isn't available, please select a different one. We can’t make custom URLs available to other members upon request.
More information about URLs:
- You can change your URL up to 5 times within 180 days.
- If a member uses a URL and then changes it, the URL will be unavailable for use by other members for 180 days.
Note: If a page is not available in your language, we'll provide the English as a visual guide.