A recommendation is a comment written by a LinkedIn member to recognize or commend a colleague, business partner, or student. Viewers of your profile often view the recommendations you've received on your profile to see what others have to say about your work.
The best recommendations come from people who value your work, services or products, such as managers, colleagues, co-workers, customers, and clients. Hiring managers and people searching for new customers and business partners prefer to work with people who come recommended by someone they know and trust. There's no limit to the number of recommendations you can request or give.
Get started or learn more about recommendations:
- Recommend someone
- Request a recommendation
- Accept and display a recommendation on your profile
- Hide or unhide a recommendation on your profile
- Edit or remove a recommendation you made
- Move a recommendation you received
- Resending or viewing requested recommendation requests
- Who can see recommendations on your profile
- Withdraw a recommendation request
- Declining a requested recommendation
- Recommendations don't display on public profile
- Top Qualities from service provider recommendations won't display
- Recommendations missing from your profile
Note: Recommendations and endorsements aren't the same thing. Learn more about the differences between recommendations and endorsements.